If you aren't getting a good night's sleep every night, then it could be a problem with your bed. There are so many different types of beds that are available today, however, that finding the best one to meet your needs isn't always an easy process. Having access to the best bed reviews can make the shopping process a whole lot easier.
The Best Chart for Bed Reviews
Here's an easy way to get started. The chart below will help you quickly compare and contrast some of the top beds that are available right now. You just choose the one that best fits your needs so you can rest easy from now on.
How To Find the Best Bed For Me
Finding the best bed means recognizing how you tend to sleep. Different beds provide better support for the various common sleeping positions. When you are getting comfortable and about to drift off to sleep, which position do you find yourself preferring?
- On your side or back. This sleeping position often requires a softer overall sleeping surface. Sleeping on the back or on your side tends to put extra pressure on the hips and shoulders, so providing support on these key areas can allow sleep to become deeper and longer.
- On your stomach. A firm sleeping surface is better for those that tend to sleep on their stomach. The firm surface helps to better support the spine and eliminate the lower back pain that often results from extended stomach sleeping.
- Sitting upright. Some people prefer to sleep with their head and chest somewhat upright. This may be due to allergies, heartburn, or personal preference. Having a bed that supports this sleeping position is the best option, but utilizing memory foam or other materials that are both firm and supportive is the best option here.
Your personal preferences on how you'd like to sleep also matter. If there wasn't a bed available to you tonight, where would you prefer to sleep? Some would prefer a couch or a recliner. Others would want to have the firmness of the floor. Maybe you'd stack a bunch of pillows somewhere and sleep on top of them. There is no right answer.
Compare the way you sleep to the type of sleeping surface you'd prefer if there wasn't a bed available and you'll know what type of bed will best meet your needs. Then you can move on to the best bed reviews to make sure your investment makes sense.
What Makes a Good Bed?
A good bed should be well constructed and last more than a year or two. There are plenty of beds that are value-priced today and can serve short-term adult needs or provide supports for children, but they aren't usually a good long-term solution. On the other side of this equation are the expensive luxury beds that provide 14+ inches of support and make you feel like you're climbing a mountain to get into them. They're awesome as a bed, but not always affordable.
Finding a good bed means finding the budgetary balance that sits between these two extremes. You need to know what features make up a good bed that will meet your needs. Here are some examples as to what you should look for in the best bed reviews that are available today.
- How strong are the core materials? Many beds are made from plywood or pressed wood today with a veneer covering. This helps them become more affordable, but also makes them less durable. Hardwood components or metal provides more strength, yet also present installation and maintenance challenges.
- How strong are the coil attachments? If you're having a great dream, the last thing you want to have happen is a spring or coil shoot through the bed and stab you. Look for a bed that has strong attachments that aren't going to wear out quickly with use.
- What is your weather like? Some beds hold warmth better than others. If you live somewhere that is consistently warm, a bed that is breathable and wicks away sweat is going to be an advantage to you. In colder environments, beds that maintain warmth will be much more comfortable.
What Are the Different Types of Beds?
Beds today come in three basic structures: foam, spring or coil, and water. There are also air beds, gel-based mattresses, and hybrid beds that incorporate multiple structures. Some of these beds are adjustable, while others may be portable.
No matter which type of bed you choose, it is important to make sure that you are inspecting your bed at least once every 7 years. The natural wear and tear on a bed can cause the structural integrity to degrade and not provide enough support. Newer beds will almost always provide a better sleeping experience when compared to older ones.
That's why periodically reviewing the best bed reviews is a great habit to get into today. You can get a great deal on a new bed this way and potentially save thousands in the process.
What Are the Prices of the Best Beds Today?
When you shop for beds today, you'll find a wide range of pricing options available to you. There are beds available at every budget point. Value shoppers can easily find beds that are priced below $100, especially if the only thing that is needed is a mattress. For those who want a premium sleeping experience, a solid bed could cost more than $5,000 when all is said and done.
That's why it is so important to figure out what is going to be the best bed for you. Your investment is likely going to last several years. If you begin tossing and turning on your bed in just a few weeks, then you'll have wasted your money on a bed that doesn't meet your needs and nobody wants to see that happen.
What Do Our Reviews Have to Say?
This platform frame bed may look pretty basic at first, but it has a full 5 year warranty backing up the quality of its construction. This bed frame is American made and is perfect for homes with young children thanks to its rounded edges and well-sanded surfaces to prevent injury. It comes unfinished so you can stain or paint it to match your bedroom with ease, but also stands up well on its own if you prefer. It's 100% poplar and kiln dried to 8%, so this bed is to support your sleep quite well.
If you don't have a headboard for your bed, then this might just be the perfect option for you. A faux leather headboard comes included with the frame and slats and features a dark espresso color that is easy to maintain. This bed is king size for a premium amount of space and the assembly only takes about 30 minutes to complete. If you own a cat, then this bed might not be the best option because the sharpness of your pet's claws could cause damage to the headboard and frame. Otherwise this is a solid purchasing option.
If you've always wanted a studio bed, but were afraid they were too expensive, then now is the time to change your mind. Available in both full and queen sizes, you can have something white and traditional or black and majestic feature in your bedroom. The legs are mirrored for a classic finishing touch and the faux leather is easily maintained. It sits just inches above the floor, however, so if you need extra storage space in your bedroom, this bed won't be for you. If not, then we know you'll love the solid consistency this bed provides.Charleston Platform
If you love the idea of having a solid hardwood bed and you've always loved mission-style furniture, then this platform bed option is the perfect choice for you. It works with any queen-sized mattress, so you are able to fully customize the sleeping experience. It must be fully assembled at home, but the instructions are thorough and easy to follow. There's also enough room underneath the bed for storage drawers or bins. Stain or paint to please and you'll have the best bed to enjoy for years to come.
This is the basic platform frame that you're probably used to seeing in most homes. It's made of metal and requires no tools to get setup. Each platform supports up to 400 pounds, so putting them side by side means you can create a bed that is supportive for virtually anyone. There is 13 inches of clearance underneath the frame, yet it also folds up tightly so it can be stored in a closet or the garage if a spare bed isn't needed. This is a solid investment at this price level.
The best bed reviews can help you find the right sleeping foundation to begin building upon. Stop tossing and turning and start dreaming by investing into your brand new bed today.