It can become downright cold some nights. When you crawl into bed, it feels like a glacier. You sit there and shiver until your body heat naturally warms up the covers. Instead of fighting off the cold every night or dressing in multiple layers that you strip off as you warm up, the investment into an electric blanket could help you to affordably solve your problems. The best electric blanket reviews will help you locate a safe product that will keep you toasty warm every night.
The Best Chart for Electric Blankets
Maybe you’re concerned about the safety of an electric blanket. Or maybe you’re concerned about how it feels when you’re sleeping underneath it. The chart below will help you take a quick look at the best blankets available today so that you can effectively and safely warm up your bed when it’s cold outside.
What Are the Advantages of the Best Electric Blankets?
All electrical blankets today must meet certain safety standards. All electric bedding has guidelines in place that has to be met before it can even be sold. There is still a certain danger to the electric blanket if the manufacturer’s guidelines aren’t followed, so always follow all instructions to have the safest experience. This means the primary advantage is that you can stay safe and stay warm at the same time, no matter what the temperature might be, as long as you have power nearby.
There are certain other advantages that only the best electric blankets are able to provide as well. These should also be considered during the shopping process.
- They should be machine-washable. Electric blankets must be washed from time to time. This type of bedding should allow you to remove the power cords so it can be properly laundered.
- They should offer simple temperature controls. Users of electrical blankets often need to change the temperature settings of the blanket in the middle of the night. Look for options that offer digital controls for the easiest adjustment options.
- It should offer automatic shutoff. In the past, you couldn’t fall asleep with an electric blanket on because it would never turn itself off. This is often what led to safety hazards. Some offer a manual shutoff still, so always look for an automatic shutoff as one of the products key features.
The best electric blankets should also offer a variety of heat settings. This should include at least one preheating setting. This will allow you to have an electric blanket that can be used in several different environments so that you can always be the right temperature. Dual controls allow for the blanket to have two heating zones so you and your partner can always have the right amount of heat.
How To Find the Best Electric Blanket For Me
The first step is to access the best electric blanket reviews so that you know you’re getting a quality product. There are a lot of reviews and buyer’s guides online that all tend to recommend the same blankets as the best. The Sleeping Expert is a little different. We give you the facts about each blanket and then allow you to decide if those features are right for you. There’s never any pressure to purchase one specific blanket. Only you can know what needs you want to have met with this type of product.
Then you’ll have some questions to ask yourself. It is important to ask the following questions so that you don’t purchase a blanket that you cannot use.
- Will my pets be sleeping with me in bed? Electric blankets can be hazardous to the health of a pet, even with the modern features that many blankets have included with their design today. It’s not just the heat that’s a problem. One tooth or claw can access a heating element and cause a shock injury.
- Do I have an electrical outlet close to the bed? You will want to measure out the distance from your bed to the closest electrical outlet. If you can’t reach the outlet with the power cord from the blanket, then don’t buy a blanket. You cannot use extension cords with this product because it changes the amount of amperage the blanket receives.
- Will I use my new electric blanket often? There are other heating options available besides the electric blanket. If you live in a cold weather environment, a more permanent solution, such as a heated mattress pad, is likely a better solution. Electric blankets are designed for as needed use during the colder months only.
When you combine this information together, you’ll be able to shop for the right product. Be aware that some blankets are sold under different names, but are essentially the same blanket model. Look for differences in material, craftsmanship, and color more than brand name recognition to make sure you get the best electric blanket possible today.
What Are the Prices of Electric Blankets?
There are basically three categories of electric blankets that are available right now. Value-priced options are more for travel and light use and are typically priced below $50. In the $51-$125 price range, you’ll be able to receive a blanket that offers a consistent experience, but is generally intended for light use only. At $126 and above, you’re going to be investing into a premium electric blanket that stands up better to heavy duty use.
It is important to note that you shouldn’t combine electrical blankets to maximize your heat. Only use one blanket per bed in your home. Stacking blankets can lead to a dangerous situation and won’t generally provide additional warmth.
What Do Our Reviews Have To Say?
With 20 different personalized settings, this electric blanket offers users a unique chance to develop a custom heating experience. The texture of the blanket is soft and luxurious and its backed by a 5 year warranty. You have access to a dual controller for so your partner can be warmer or cooler if need be, but both controllers are on the same side of the bed. A preheating feature lets users turn on the blanket to warm up their bed and a 10 hour automatic shutdown prevents excessive warmth. It’s washer and dryer safe. Overall it’s a great price for a wonderful blanket.
If you have pets and want an electric blanket to help keep you warm, then this might be the best option for you. The low voltage design is patented and will help to keep you warm for a fraction of the energy that other blankets will demand. There aren’t bulky wires or other traditional issues that could provide discomfort with this blanket. You climb in, get comfortable, and go to sleep with the automatic shutoff. The preheating feature is also useful and the blanket has a built-in governor to prevent overheating.
Made from 100% polyester, you’ll be able to have the same heat from this electrical blanket as you do with the other high voltage models that are on the market today. The fabric is micro-plush and incredibly soft, yet still really easy to clean. It drys without the pilling and stretching that other blankets struggle to control. A handful of colors are available so you can match your bedroom decoration scheme. It’s not built for nightly use, however, so look to an upgrade if you plan on needing something on a regular basis.
With 10 different heat settings and dual digital controls on the queen and king models, this blanket is one of the most comfortable you’ll ever experience using. Unplug it to send it through the washer and dryer and the polyester fabric will quickly get clean. It doesn’t bunch up in the dryer and the 13 foot long cord gives users some extra room to maneuver that other blankets just can’t provide. Give it a little time to heat up and the fleece-like interior will provide you with a smooth sleeping experience.
This electric blanket is one of the most affordable on the market today and it’s lightweight nature makes it the perfect blanket to pack for any trip. It plugs into any 12v power outlet and offers automatic shutoff and reset features. This means it can’t be plugged into a wall, so keep that in mind as you shop. The cord is just 7 feet, so it won’t work everywhere, but the polyester fleece does a reasonable job of keeping you warm even if you can’t plug it in somewhere. It warms up slowly, but it does take the chill off your skin when you need to get some rest.
The best electric blanket reviews will help you stay warm when it’s cold outside. Don’t shiver in silence when you need to get some sleep. Whether you’re at home or somewhere out on the road, there is an electric blanket to help keep you warm tonight.